Built in the 18th century, the tavern has seen many transformations from feed mill to general store to a hotel.
In 1969, the Turner Brothers (Hugh, Jack and Joe) purchased the Pineville from Dale and Vi Eller. At the time of purchase, the bar only seated 9 and offered cold sandwiches. The bar was expanded and the kitchen was renovated with the addition of a grill, fryer & pizza oven. Shaffer, Schlitz and Schmidt’s were the taverns main taps.
The brothers sold the bar in 1989 to the Abruzzese’s who created a proclamation to annually celebrate Turner Brothers Day. Check out the document at the Tavern and join us for the celebration on January 11th.
Carrying on tradition since 1742.